Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External hard drive data recovery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stevo63

stevo63

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

Hi, Im new here and this is my first post on any forum so if this is in the wrong topic or something thats why.

I was trying to get an external hard drive to work with USB loaderGX on my wii. I had 2 hard drives one that was empty and one that had important data on it. I dont know exactly what happend but I accedentally formatted the one with importand data on it (talk about a dumbass!) any way I was able to get everything back with a data recovery software I found on the internet. but now all my files and folders are in code names and I cant open any of my pictures.
Windows picture and fax viewer says "no preview avialable" I've tried using tons of differant picture viewers with no luck. does anyone know how to fix this? by the way I'm using windows xp professtional sp3. any help will be much appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BeachBumLI

BeachBumLI

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:06 AM

What software did you use to recover the data?

What file extension are all of your pictures showing up as now? It's possible that whatever software you used changed the format of the pictures.
Dell Inspiron 1520--Intel Core 2 Duo/1.5 GHz--2 GB RAM--230 GB HD--Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family--Windows XP--Avast! AV Free--Spybot S&D--Malwarebytes--Hijackthis--Chrome (primary browser) Firefox and IE (rarely used)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users