Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does delete from iPhoto delete from hdd?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MaryBet82

MaryBet82

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:22 PM

I just accidentally imported a lot of pictures into iPhoto that I don't want there. Per iPhoto help it sounds like the trash bin for iPhoto is different than the regular trash and when I click the trash icon in iPhoto it looks empty and I have files in my regular trash bin. Help doesn't say specifically, tho, that deleting from iPhoto doesn't also delete from the hdd.

Can I delete from iPhoto w/out deleting from the hdd? If not, how do I remove unwanted pics from iPhoto?

Edit:
I deleted a pic I didn't mind deleting from the hdd and then emptied iPhoto trash and the pic stayed on my hdd. This may or may not be because my iPhoto preferences have Copy Items to the iPhoto Library checked on the Advanced Tab.

Edited by MaryBet82, 12 December 2010 - 08:42 PM.

mac 10.6 on macbook pro
WinXP sp2 on Dell 380 w/ 512 MB RAM- currently dead in the water
WinXP tab ed sp 3 on Thinkpad X41 w/ 1.5 GB RAM - lemony flavored
Win2K Sp4 on Sony VAIO GXR600 w/ 512 MB RAM - currently blue screening

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:57 PM

Delete and empty the trash from iPhoto all you want, the photos that were copied from the HDD won't be deleted unless you delete them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users