Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What do you expect from a Anti-Virus Company?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Newshades

Newshades

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:32 AM

Hello,

Forgive me if this post is in bad taste but I am on both sides of the fence when it comes to computer security.

I am a little old school in my mentality when it comes to security breaches on a computer systems.

I have always believed that you,

1st Backup your software (don't rely on Windows OS to do this for you.)
2nd Update your software (Again if your running Windows OS you have a lot to do)
3rd Use Anti-Virus software (Not all companies are the same nor do they detect the same threats.)

I am asking for help in what you expect in an Anti-Virus company so I may pass this on to help my company do better job in the eyes of the Security field.

What do you expect when your Anti-Virus Software detects a threat?

What do you expect when your Anti-Virus Software detects a False positive?(Yes, we live in a world of mistakes)

What do you expect when your Anti-Virus Software did not detect a threat or didn't remove it?

Do you think that Anti-Virus should be a cure all for all your security needs?(Or should it be compatible with other software?)

How should an Anti-Virus company please everyone?

As a fellow security professional how do you explain to someone not so computer knowledgeable the difference between Adware,Malware,virus,worms,browser hijack,Trojan,and other unknown classifications of bad software.

I have an open mind when it comes to subjects. Please if you have the time to respond please do so respectfully.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users