Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Has tscui.exe cancelled my Christmas ??

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Cleat Eastwood

Cleat Eastwood

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:06 AM

Howdy all
I think my computer may have picked some sort of virus this week.
I use a dongle by a mobile network provider to access the internet. When i now connect this dongle, my cpu goes into overdrive & the computer eventually slows down so much that it freezes. After pushing CTRL/ALT&DEL i can see in Windows Task Master that a program called tscui.exe is working overtime, when i select to end this process in task master things get better.
From seaching on the internet i'm not sure if i have picked up a virus/trojan.
I have a current version of Kapersky which i've updated & run several times over the last two days, but this has had no effect. So i installed & ran Combofix & although things have improved i've since read that i may have been a bit too keen & this may have not been the way to go...
I'm not 100% sure when the problem started, but mid week i was searching for some technical documentation related to work, i downloaded a document in Danish via Google & then tried to use their translate facility, this caused my computer to freeze. I had to re-boot but then found the document on a Chinese site which i have used previously without any problems. I've only noticed the tscui.exe problem since this browsing session..
I've still got quite a bit of stuff that i need to buy for Christmas via the internet, but am now reluctant to use my pc to input credit card details etc..
Was Combofix the right way to go & will it have fixed the problem ? What's the best thing for me to do now ??
I appreciate any help anyone can offer..
Cleat :mellow:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users