Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Teacher

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Specba

Specba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:41 AM

I teach CISCO IT Essentials and CCNA in a high school. Occasionally students are staff bring in computers infected with Malware. Usually Spybot takes care of the problem. Sometimes we are not so lucky. That is why I am joining this forum. We never charge for our services. I am doing this so my students can learn. This often requires asking someone who knows more than you do.
The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between the lightning and the lightning bug. - Twain

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:18 AM

More and more, malware becomes more prevalent and more sophisticated, and expert help is needed to completely get rid of it. As you become acquainted with what BC has to offer, you will be able to use it to not only educate your students, but also to clean computers.
Welcome to BC and thanks for joining!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Specba

Specba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:59 PM

Sadly there are no where enough volunteers to help with all the Malware out there. My first post has been up for 4 days. Plenty of views, but no replies. It's hard to explain to my students why it takes so long. I want to learn enough to teach them so they can help others. Currently I have two machines in with Malware. One belongs to my wife's best friend. The other belongs to the son of a co-worker.

I'm willing to do the research to try to fix these two computers. My students have tried to research on-line for possible cures as well. At the moment we are on-hold waiting for forum help before we can move forward. I don't want to get us in deeper without a knowledgeable guide. High school students expect everything to be simple, quick and easy.

I can read the log files and see some of the bad stuff. That's a good first step, but I'd love to learn what to look for and train my students to solve problems on their own. Where can we go to learn if not here?

Please have a look at my web page at www.mrspecter.com

Specba
The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between the lightning and the lightning bug. - Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users