Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Printing Maps

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bill47

Bill47

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:27 AM

Hi,

Gringo_pr kindly helped me in the malware forum. Since making the recommended updates, I've been unable to print maps. Gringo referred me here for further assistance.

I am now unable to print maps in google or mapquest or yahoomaps. Everything else prints fine. I tried from 4 browsers. Specifically, the streets won't print and the street names are blurry. The map appears on the page, but the map portion is illegible. Other parts of the page (ie. the copyright symbol and date/time and page #) are all fine. I don't know if this has to do with java or what. I searched but couldn't find a solution.

Thanks for any help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:36 AM

Well...have you tried a different printer...for comparative purposes?

Seems to me your complaint is about the quality of the printing...which would make me look at the hardware.

Louis

#3 Bill47

Bill47
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:04 AM

Well, I don't have another printer to try. However, my complaint isn't about the quality of the printing per se. The map portion of the printout is soooo drastically different from the rest of the page, not like it's just a little faded, and only since making the software updates. Increasing the print quality doesn't help the map.

#4 Bill47

Bill47
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:04 AM

Problem fixed. I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer/driver. No idea why this worked but hey, glad it did. :)

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:19 PM

Glad you solved it, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users