Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp pavillion- no monitor signal

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AFTERLIFE2012

AFTERLIFE2012

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:40 AM

Okay i have a hp pavillion a6400f PC, one day i was on the computer and i accidently knocked out the pc power adapter from the wall, when i turned it back on everything appears to be working but i get no signal from the monitor.

I dont get any beeping sounds when i turn it on, and already tried removing ram, motherboard battery, holding power switch, and switching the red (i guess reset) button but still nothing.

The monitor works fine with everything else so its not the monitor, i even tried connecting my pc to my tv but still get no signal input. Im completely stumped have no idea what it is. The pc is running on vista ultimate, had the pc for like 2 years. The pc dosent have a video card, i think its running onboard video adapter. Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gazjd

gazjd

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:25 AM

i had the same thing with my pc but it was with a graphics card, i wouldnt be sure about how to go about onboard graphics except for the obvious, check all cables etc, do you know anyone with a spare graphics card you could use instead of the onboard g?
(INSERT SOMETHING FUNNY HERE<<<<<)

#3 AFTERLIFE2012

AFTERLIFE2012
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

No i dont, guess i gotta buy one

#4 gazjd

gazjd

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:10 AM

i would suggest you seek advice from someone with more experiance than me first lol, but you can pick them up cheap as chips ;)
(INSERT SOMETHING FUNNY HERE<<<<<)

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,275 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:06 AM

What power adapter are you referring to?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 AFTERLIFE2012

AFTERLIFE2012
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:24 AM

The plug that powers up the tower

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,275 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:01 PM

If you are referring to the cord that plugs into the back of the PSU, then that is not an adapter.

If you don't have a working monitor, how do you know that everything else is working?

Are the fans on the CPU and PSU spinning?

Do any LEDs light up when the computer starts?

Can you open your optical drive?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 AFTERLIFE2012

AFTERLIFE2012
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:57 AM

Fans are working, disk drive working, led lights come on like normal just no video signal

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,275 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:36 AM

Is the hdd LED indicating activity?

Did you make a recovery disk for this computer?

#10 AFTERLIFE2012

AFTERLIFE2012
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:14 PM

I dont have a recovery disk all lights are on, no orange lights but after awhile (typically the amount of time to boot up) the computer goes into sleep mode (orange light). Not sure if the hdd has any activity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users