Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Program to sort out my music for me?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jayson201

Jayson201

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:54 AM

I have......
ALL of Led Zeppelin's music on my laptop.
Some are named wrong, Some don't have the artist applied to them, Some dont have their albums applied to them, some are doubles of something I already have....
Is there a program to at least apply the band, album, and names correctly to them?
Free?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 666philb

666philb

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:13 AM

Hi ComputerTalk-Jayson

this is my favourite tag editor, it's free and does just about everything.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

#3 Jayson201

Jayson201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:50 PM

I'll check it out, thanks :)
Hope it works the way I need it to.

#4 Jayson201

Jayson201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:17 PM

Almost exactly what I was looking for.
I wanted to be able to have the program do it all for me, but I have no problem with it, Its only a shift - click - right click - click for every album.
While Im listening to them, Im doing it. As I type this :D

#5 666philb

666philb

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:24 PM

Most of the big media players like 'windows media player' and 'Itunes' will attempt to automatically tag and organise your files. Twice i've let them do that, and all i can say is "NEVER AGAIN!!!!"

First time was 'Itunes', i let it organise 60gb of music, and what did it do?..... If an album was a compilation of different artists, it put every track in it's own individual folder! Then worse still, any track that it didn't know what it was went into a folder called 'unknown artist'! This folder had over 600 tracks in it! comprising of 50 odd 'Track 1's 50 odd 'track 2's... etc...etc. It was horrible! and took quite a while to sort back out. I uninstalled the horrid program after that.

Second time wasn't quite so bad but it still got me miffed! i let windows media player loose on my music collection, and it tried to attach the appropriate artwork to the mp3 files. Now i had a lot of the artwork but it wasn't attached, it was in the folder with the album, and most media players will recognise this, and display it when you play the album.

Windows media player proceeded to download artwork off the internet and attach it to the files,disregarding the artwork already there, problem was that it was terrible quality, and wasn't always the right artwork. I'ld uninstall that if i could :)

It was sorting that out when i discovered MP3tag

glad it helped!

Edited by 666philb, 13 December 2010 - 12:25 PM.

#6 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:43 PM

I've used The Godfather Mp3 Tag editor before. it was good but nowhere near the amount of automation I needed with 20k+ song library and it didn't allow for adding Artwork the way iTunes wants it. Some of my ID3 tags and files are so far gone it's ridiculous but thats what happens when you have to manually extract them from a ruined iPod.

Posted Image

#7 narins

narins

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:12 AM

Hi, I found this thread on Google which seems to be in line with my issue.

I have currently iTunes v10. I have tons of personal music, which I haven't bought off the iTunes Store in my library.

I have literary thousands of songs with missing album art. I tried to get the artwork through the automatic function which iTunes offers - i.e. select all tracks in library, right-click select get album artwork.

iTunes found some of my songs' covers. MOST, however are still missing. I don't know what could help me here.

Thanks for all your help in advance!

M.

#8 mamassito

mamassito

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:23 AM

narins, there are many tools which can help you bring out your iTunes library glory and find missing artworks for you.

iFans has a good thread on the topic:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349071

Hope this will help you find your way through this unneededly complex program called iTunes, which I so much don't favor.

Edited by mamassito, 23 September 2011 - 06:24 AM.

que fuerte!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users