Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Change Ws7 taskbark to like XP?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 redoak

redoak

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:06 AM

I believe there is a 3rd party utility that will change the Ws7 taskbar to one like XP. Can someone provide the link? Perhaps there is more than one available.

Thanks, {redoak}
I am 81 years "young" and enjoying becoming computer "savvy." Need help from sites like this from time to time. Thanks to the folks who provide the assistance to those of us in need.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 damnyank

damnyank

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

This is not a 3rd party app, but may accomplish what you are looking for??

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-7/make-the-windows-7-taskbar-work-more-like-windows-xp-or-vista/

#3 PCAce

PCAce

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

I am not aware of any available 3rd-party applications to change the Taskbar. There is one for changing the Start Menu to behave akin to Windows XP called Classic Shell. It removes the search box and all the submenus under Programs cascade across the screen so there is no need to scroll up and down. If you have 30 or 40 applications in your start menu, this will allow you to see them all at once for quick navigation and selection.

http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

Perhaps this is what you were referring to?

#4 redoak

redoak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:46 AM

Thanks for the responses. I will take a look at each of the suggestions later tnis morning. I'll be back
I am 81 years "young" and enjoying becoming computer "savvy." Need help from sites like this from time to time. Thanks to the folks who provide the assistance to those of us in need.

#5 redoak

redoak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:22 AM

The first link is what I was looking for. I had the change in place but mysteriously lost it. I just could not remember where it came from.

I do not have so many apps in my start-up menu, so the second link will not be pursued at this time. I'll keep it filed for future reference, however. Of course, likewise to the first.

Many thanks, {redoak}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users