Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a Redirect virus and can not remove it

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cougar68

Cougar68

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:39 PM

On Google when I click on a search result, it redirects to an ad and will not allow me to return to the previous page, I can copy and paste or type the address into the URL and get to the site. I also receive a popup box titled: Generic Host Process for Wins32 Services. It says it has encountered a problem and needs to close. It also has “Send error report" or "Don't send”

After I close the Generic Host Process popup it shuts out of my internet, I go to network connections and attempt to turn on my wireless connection and it says the connection is on. I disconnect the wireless card from my PC

I get an
“Error Disabling Connection”
“It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support Plug and Play, or may have been initiated by another user or the system account.”

Also I am locked out of windows firewall, when I double click windows firewall I get message
“Windows cannot start the windows firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ISC) service”
The only way I can get back on the internet is by rebooting my PC.
I also get a popup that says windows media player has a problem with the sound device.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. .
Sincerely,
Cougar68

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cougar68

Cougar68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

I have fixed the problem