Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Raid Controller

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 georgiasblu

georgiasblu

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:59 PM

Hi,
Thank you,
I started my pc this morning and am getting a new message that I've installed new hardware, which I've not. The splash screen I normally get when booting up is different. It shows Asus Motherboard and then a number. Tells me to hit DEL to begin start up. I opened Device Manager and it tells me that the RAID controller has been uninstalled. I do not have a disk or cd for this as it belonged to one of my sons and he doesn't know where it is. Could someone please help me, if possible or steer me in the right direction? To make things more difficult, this was a custom build. Am I SOL?
Thanks, Georgia

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:19 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

Can you please post the Asus model number of this motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 georgiasblu

georgiasblu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:53 PM

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for helping me. The Asus motherboard number is P4S 800D-X. I'm getting two error messages when I reboot. One is that overclocking failed and the other is the CPU tempperature is high. I can hear the fan running so I'm not sure what is happening here.
In case, the pc runs Windows XP with SP3.
georgia

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:02 PM

Unless you were employing a RAID...the message re RAID drivers may be an indication that the CMOS battery needs to be replaced.

Louis

#5 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:23 PM

Hello and thanks for PMing me to get me back to being active into your thread. :thumbup2:

Please varify if this is your motherboard. http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=tElmFMz0YPEK37pl

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#6 georgiasblu

georgiasblu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:04 PM

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for popping back in. Based on the info I get from my splash screen, those numbers match up.
georgia

#7 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:47 PM

Okay go to the link I posted above....In fact I'll post it here again for your convenience.

http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=tElmFMz0YPEK37pl

Please look for a tab called Download on this page. It is right below the picture of your motherboard.

There is an empty drop down menu next to the words Operating System Here I want you to click the little arrow and when the menu drops down, choose WinXP.

Once this is done, the page will reload with a list of 18 options to choose from.

These are BIOS updates, Drivers for your various hardware and manuals for your motherboard.

The sixth one on this list is RAID Click the + to expand this option.

You should now see the following text. SIS RAID Driver V1.05 Please click the floppy disk ICON next to the name China Do NOT click P2P, this means Peer to Peer and you could be downloading the file from another persons computer..I DO NOT recommend this at all as viruses or Trojans are possible.

Save this file to your desktop for easy retrieval.

It is mostly a .ZIP file, you have to un-zip the file and locate the executable (.EXE) file and move to your desktop.

Once you have the executable file on your desktop, double click it and agree with the terms of the EULA and allow it to install and follow the prompts on the screen.

The URL I listed above also has drivers for your other hardware and there are owners manuals in English where it says Manuals

The BIOS updates have to do with updating your motherboard's BIOS.

Most Asus motherboards have a flashing utility that flashes the BIOS EPROM chip to a newer BIOS string.
These updates sometimes have newer hardware support or correct bugs that were released in earlier versions of the motherboard's BIOS.

I suggest that a person with advanced knowledge of the BIOS to attempt a BIOS flash, because this procedure can cause the motherboard to become un-bootable in the event the flash fails.

Bruce.

#8 georgiasblu

georgiasblu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:12 PM

Thank you so much, Bruce. All went smoothly and so far none of the messages are popping up.
I will take your advice and have someone else help with the Bios. I love this site! consider yourself receiving a large BC smile!
georgia

#9 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:10 PM

A Happy BC smile back at ya! :)

Glad I was a help to!

Happy Holidays to you and yours. :thumbsup:

Bruce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users