Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infection keeps re-occurring

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bentr

Bentr

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:52 PM

Can someone help me?
My issue goes back two weeks or so.
A brief description of my problem includes:
PC was infected by the Rootkit.TDSS virus - trojan? malware?
This caused problems like the random re-boots, slower computer and more
I Dl'd the TDSSkiller and successfully removed said virus and thought everything was ok.
Then a couple of days ago it all started over again, with TDSS, Agent2.BXCT and other names of virus I think vert3 is another one.
I really have no idea how I got these infections but I suspect problems with my printer software/drivers. It could be that, or maybe receiving emails from a computer that I later learned was infected with viruses. Could a printer port have been left open to allow free admission of virus?
Every now and then my AVG tells me that another infection occurred and my only option is to place said infection in the vault.

Today, my computer loads up slowly, or hangs on the Windows opening screen, the blue screen where it says Windows is loading up.
Once in a while an error message pops up saying there is a problem in System32.
The PC also behaves erratically upon shutdown. Sometimes it shuts down normally, other times it hangs after I have pushed the shut down button

Right now I see my only option is to format, but I really hate to do that. I'm afraid it will happen all over again unless I learn how to get rid of this nuisance for good.
PS: I should add that I am running Windows XP

Edited by Bentr, 11 December 2010 - 02:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bentr

Bentr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:07 PM

Any help would be appreciated :mellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users