Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox automatically redirects web pages randomly

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 brownmestizo

brownmestizo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:58 PM

Hi. For the past two months, I've failed in finding the culprit in this seemingly strange problem. Everytime I browse using Firefox, somehow, some thing is redirecting things that I click to spam pages, and it does it randomly. Sometimes I get lucky and it lands on the intended page, but most of the time, upon clicking a link, the address changes to the link and after a couple of seconds will redirect it somewhere.

Then, there are also times that the browser just automatically opens a new tab of a spam page.

I've tried scanning using Avira and AVG but can't seem to find anything wrong. I've restored the operating system (Windows XP) several times but nothing changed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users