Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hair Under The Screen!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:43 PM

Hey. For those of you who follow my life like that of a soap opera, you already know that there is a hair on the inside of my laptop screen. It is slowly creeping further up the screen. Even though the screen still works, it is driving me crazy!!!! :thumbsup:
I have an extended warrenty at best buy. However, since the screen still works, they may not repair it.

My question is this; if not, is there a way I can get it out myself? Like, maybe somehow open the case just enough to let it fall out? If the warrenty does not cover it, my parents will not pay for it ("but, but you can barely see it!" Of course they say that; they are not the ones who have to look at it all the time!!!).

I have a Toshiba Satelitte A-65 model. Any thoughts at all will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:06 PM

Taking the screenon is not hard, i just takes time and patients. The problem you may run into is if you danage something it will void your warranty. If it were me I would go for it. You will need very small + head screw driver. You will have 4 to 6 different screw sizes.Just be careful they go back in the same place.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users