Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware / Virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ponzi

Ponzi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:25 PM

I've been hit with a really nasty bug. I'm not sure if all or part of this is related to the 'ThinkPoint' crud that I recently got nailed with. That's how I originally found this forum. I used the instructions / tools from here to remove 'ThinkPoint' and my computer seemed back to normal. Then about a week later, things went to pot with the computer freezing / IE redirecting / bad windows startups-shutdowns / my bottom toolbar changing etc. Next thing I know, my AutoCAD is corrupted.

I've downloaded / scanned (at various times) AVG / Microsoft Essentials / Malwarebytes / superspyremover / etc. Each of these programs seem to have caught something that was missed by the other. Although I've gotten the major bugs and error messages taken care of what ever remains has blocked me from accessing the Microsoft Update page and still occasionally redirects IE8 to another webpage (either for a Walmart prize or security updates)

Is there an alternate way / link to get to the microsoft update page? The best that I've been able to do is get to the Microsoft malicious software removal tool (nov 2010) and to run a scan there (currently ongoing - no results yet)

Operating System Windows XP 32 Bt / Current Virus AVG 2011 free

Any help would be greatly appreciated

PS: There should be a special place in Hades for the people who write and spread this crud, JMHO.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users