Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transfering A Print Screen Image

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shacko

shacko

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:12 PM

I hope this is a simple question, I know how to use the print screen key on my keyboard, I know how to modify it by transferring it to something like Paint.

The question is if I pick an image up on a forum, modify it,how do I get it back to where I got it.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:32 PM

[qoute]The question is if I pick an image up on a forum, modify it,how do I get it back to where I got it.[/qoute]

I'm not sure what you mean by get it back to where I got it.

I'm guessing that you are right clicking on a image which is online and choosing the option to Save As and then saving it in your pictures? Then you are using another program to modify the image? The question is what do you want to do with this image next?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 shacko

shacko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:13 PM

dc3:

I guess I was not clear in my post, I'll try again.

I like to surf the help forums, a lot of times the poster will post an image pertaining to his problem, a response can be clear if you can write on his image without using a lot of jargom that he may, or may not under understand.

What I have been doing is to use the PRINT SCREEN key on my keyboard and pasting the image into Paint where you can make notations or write on it, when I get done I want to post it back to the original location, thats the part I don't know how to do, I'n not 100% sure it can be done, thanks

Edited by shacko, 11 December 2010 - 02:13 PM.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,552 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:18 PM

What you are trying to do is insert an image. It doesn't matter that you got it from the same place, you want to insert it. I can't speak for other forums but as far as this one is concerned, take a look at: Inserting An Image Within A Post

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:20 PM

You will need to use a web site like Photobucket to host the image. Once you have uploaded the image you can choose a IMG code which you will enter into the post. When the post is entered into the topic the image will show.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users