Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error loading operating system

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 candy0103

candy0103

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:22 AM

I have a Dell Inspiron 2600. I turned it on and got only a blue screen. someone looked at it to see if they could fix it and they were unable to do so. they have given it back and now i just get a black screen that says Error loading operating system. I cant even get into the set up menu or anything. Is there any way to fix my computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:38 PM

Can you boot into Safe Mode. Press F8 immediately after you start the computer begin pressing F8. This will take you to a page that looks very similar to the picture below. This is the Advance Boot Options. You need to use the up and down arrow keys to navigate on this page. Once you have moved the cursor to the option you want press Enter on your keyborad.

You have or have access to a retail XP installation CD that is the same version as the one installed on this Dell, eg. Home or Pro?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 candy0103

candy0103
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:53 AM

Im unable to even get it to start in safe mode. it will do nothing but go onto the black screen.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:08 AM

Do you have or have access to a retail XP installation CD that is the same version as the one installed on this Dell, eg. Home or Pro?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users