Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desperate Help Needed

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Sabrams

Sabrams

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:08 PM

Before I go completely insane from this computer I'd like some help. I have been having trouble with a program called SPYAXE. This thing somehow got on here and is making Windows put up this little yellow error box saying I'm infected with something. Well, I've done a million scans with tons of different scaners, anti-virus, anti-spyware, and all those types of things. They all say they are removing things but the damn message keeps popping up no matter what I do.

Please, please someone out there just tell me how to either get rid of it or clear this damn system of all it's problem (as innumerus as they are).

Please, I'm suck and tired of this and how it is clogging my system up like a tub of grease in a fat mans veins....

-Sabrams

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:47 PM

I suggest you post a HijackThis log for examination.
A member of the HijackThis Team will show you, step by step, how to disinfect your computer.

Read How to post a HijackThis Log.
Please read, and follow, all directions carefully.

Then, run a log, and post it in the HijackThis forum, at this link. Do not, fix anything, yet.
A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.
It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.

NOTE:
Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:02 PM

SpyAxe is (IMO) a very, very nasty piece of mal-ware that masquerades as a legitimate anti-spyware tool. It uses this disguise to infect your computer with a trojan (I think it's a trojan). Usually it manifests itself with a message that your computer is infected or in danger - and by clicking on that message you allow it into your system.

The point here is to never, ever click on anything that you didn't ask to popup on your system. The bad guys can make any button say anything and do something else. Kill it by going into Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del), selecting your browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox) and close it (End Task). If you've got more than one instance of the browser running - close them all (End Task). There are other methods, but this is the surest for most purposes.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Sabrams

Sabrams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:22 PM

I've been doing that but no matter what it just continues to come up. I'm really tempted to just blow this computer back to it's original settings... My only problem with that is that I don't exactly know how...

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:41 PM

Do as I suggested, and post a HJT log.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:46 PM

If that's the case, then you've got yourself a major infection there!

Following tg1911's suggestions will be a lot easier than redoing the system. Also, a Security Expert will walk you through the process once you post your initial HiJackThis log file.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 Sabrams

Sabrams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:46 PM

I have and it's being worked on as we speak...errr type... Anyways, the solution some fellow named David gave me seems to not be working and, if anything it's messed me up further. I'm quite tempted to just restart my entire system if this doesn't work.

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:49 PM

Whoops! We posted at the same time!

One of the basic tenets of troubleshooting is to keep everything in one place. If you're posting in more than one location - please direct all the posts to one central post. We can copy and paste the information over to that place and continue to troubleshoot.

#9 Sabrams

Sabrams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:51 PM

Here's mt HJT report and the solution I was given:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...topic=36646&hl=

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:56 PM

Ahhhh! I see!

David (the HJT expert) isn't finished with your HJT log (and HJT logs are an exception to the "everything in one place" rule that I mentioned earlier - sorry for the misdirection!)

Please finish up with David. He'll work his magic on your log - and then he'll send you back here if he hasn't fixed everything.

Once again, sorry for the confusion - but I don't visit the HJT forums because the temptation to contribute (and subsequently foul things up) is too much for me!

Good luck!

#11 Sabrams

Sabrams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:58 PM

Thanks you! I'll need all the luck I can get!

#12 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:04 AM

A word to the wise Sabrams the help you are getting right now in the HJT log is on a par with any anti-malware support available on this planet. You are getting it for free. I'd advise you to thank your lucky stars you came here and follow your instructions explicitly.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#13 Sabrams

Sabrams
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:48 AM

Oh I know it is and I am certainly thankful. I don't believe I said anythong to insult anyone but if sombody took somethin g that way then I am very sorry.

#14 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:27 PM

Fair enough. Glad you set me straight. :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users