Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can not open shared folders between XP & 7.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Frost29

Frost29

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:50 AM

Hello, I just set up a homenetwork between my desktop with XP sp3 and my new laptop with Windows 7. I was able to share the printer and see each others shared folders , but everytime I want to open the files on XP from my laptop it gives me the very common message of "You might not have permission to use this network resource” .... “Err Msg: Not Enough Server Storage Is Available to Process This Command”. Although I don't have that problem accessing to my laptop's folders from desktop. I've alredy tried uncheking the "simple sharing option" and did not work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AleX

AleX

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:12 PM

I had the same problem.

I could not access files on XP from Win 7, when I was logged on as non-admin user.
I needed permission to do it, so sharing worked only when I was logged on as administrator.
Never tried to find out why is that. <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users