Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard and monitor bug

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 seabiscuit

seabiscuit

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:09 AM

Hey guys... I got a very annoying problem here. My keyboard periodically stops typing but the 'on' light remains. I unplug and plug back with various success but the keyboard always goes out again.

Perhaps its unrelated, but my video software started fouling up at the exact same time. My problem there is that my monitor blacks out for a second or two at a time just with a click of the mouse e.g. if I want to move the scroll bar or click on the software's toolbar or open a right click menu. It just blacks out and comes back like eyes blinking. The playback slows and sometimes freezes completely. This happens with all my vid playing software and when I play DVDs.

The HD my OS is on, is on its way out so I transferred all vid files from it to a different drive thinking that the files would stop crashing if I moved it from the problem drive and it worked totally. Those crashes were entirely different from these symptoms. I was careful to move all vid playing software to a different drive for the same reason and even re installed completely. I don't know if this is relevant info or not, but thought it might be. I think its a coincidence and I just DL something infected. If I could just system restore like times past I'd be fine but I think this 'bug' if thats what it is, is sophisticated enough to nullify that possibility.

Ughhhhhh!!!! Thanks in advance for all help and suggestions.

I get no error messages of any kind. I have Windows XP Home edition.

I opened System Restore but it won't let me pick the date I want to go back to; it seems the only option is the current day, which would do me no good.

I have run some free virus scans but that has done nothing.

I have a ComboFix log which I have read is of no value to this site. I also have a Hijack This! log.

Edited by seabiscuit, 11 December 2010 - 12:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users