Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fake Antivirus software message Windows Vista

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 FreeRange

FreeRange

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:47 PM

Hi,

I have the same thing as Hacked? (username Thanhngo): "i have been recently hacked and a lot of times when i try to do something, the message, "[Security Warning] application cannot be executed. the file (insert file here) is infected. do you want to activate your antivirus software now?" pops up. also, sometimes webpages are blocked and say that they may infect my computer even though they are websites such as Google or Yahoo."
I tried following the same steps Boopme gave Thanhngo.
I have been downloading the suggested programs on another computer and transferring them to the infected one.
Fixexe.reg ran successfully.
RKill: I downloaded all versions, including iExplore and eXplorer. After black screen, Windows shuts down and restarts.
SuperAntispyware ran successfully and scanned after several tries (before that, Windows either shuts down before it's done or virus does not allow it to start).
MalwareBytes ran successfully, but scan always ends in computer shutdown before it is done.
I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks.

FreeRange

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users