Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Generic Host Process for Win2 Processes error message

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SteveML

SteveML

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:43 PM

It seems that this started when I upgraded from IE6 to IE8.

I start my computer and things are running fine and all of a sudden I get an error message - Generic Host Process for Win32 Processes enobleepered a problem.

After this I can usually keep operating somewhat but IE is non-functional.

Typically after this happens I also can't run Task Manager or shutdown without holding down the power button.

I'm running XP SP3.

I've run Malwarebytes several times and it doesn't make any difference.

Thanks for any assistance you can provie.

Edited by hamluis, 11 December 2010 - 03:34 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SteveML

SteveML
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 26 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

Things have gotten worse - now I can't even run anything on the computer. It immediately gets Windows Security Alert and anything that I try to run gives the security warning.

I booted in safe mode and ran Malwarebytes - full scan - and it didn't find anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users