No one should be using ComboFix
unless specifically instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator
to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert
. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.
When issues arise due to complex malware infections, possible false detections, problems running ComboFix or with other security tools causing conflicts, experts are usually aware of them and can advise what should or should not be done while providing individual assistance. Those attempting to use ComboFix on their own do not have such information and are at risk when running the tool in an unsupervised environment. Please read the pinned topic ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here
There are circumstances ComboFix will hang
or stall at various stages
due to malware interference, failure to disable other real-time protection tools
and CD Emulators
, Alchohol 120%
) so that it does not complete successfully. Also, depending on how badly a system is infected, ComboFix may take longer to complete its routine than it normally does. While that is not normal behavior, it is not unusual. In such cases, it is helpful to know at what stage CF stalled and to provide that information to the Helper who is assisting you so they can investigate. That's just another reason you should only use ComboFix under supervision.
If you cannot get DDS to work, please try this instead.
Please download RSIT
by random/random from the link provided for your operating system and save it to your desktop.Link 1 for 32-bit versionLink 2 for 32-bit versionLink 1 for 64-bit versionLink 2 for 64-bit versionThis tool needs to run while the computer is connected to the Internet. If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding RSIT attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.
- Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
- Double-click on RSIT.exe to start the program.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Read the disclaimer and click Continue.
- When the scan is complete, a text file named log.txt will automatically open in Notepad.
- Another text file named info.txt will open minimized.
- Save the log files to your desktop and copy/paste the contents of log.txt by highlighting everything and pressing Ctrl+C.
- After highlighting, right-click, choose Copy and then paste the contents into a new topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here.
- Copies of both log files are automatically saved in the C:\RSIT folder which the tool creates during the scan.
: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable
to get DDS to run. If RSIT did not work, then reply back here.