Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows won't boot in SafeMode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Goodrebels

Goodrebels

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

My wife had an incident while doing a browser search today. Ended up with her crashing the computer.

Now in when booting in safe mode it stops at the "System32\drivers\mup.sys" line.

Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Goodrebels

Goodrebels
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:25 PM

Some additional information. Found the system disc. Started the computer from the orginal operating system disc.

After loading all the driver etc the Windows starting was shown then I got a blue screen of death.

Some of the suggestions on the error message were to check the HD for viruses and to "run CHKDSK /F to check for HD corruption then restart". I'm kind of stumped. How do I run software when the system won't boot?

#3 Mooseby

Mooseby

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:43 AM

Oook, not terrible, but you have to use the Recovery Console, so with the OS install disk you boot from the CD drive, there is a screen that appears which gives your the choice of install or repair from the recovery console, choose the recovery console. If you have never set the admin password just press enter.

Or are you saying that it starts the boot process and crashes before you get to the first option screen?

That I don't know how to work around.

Edited by Mooseby, 11 December 2010 - 08:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users