Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Antivirus 2011

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mikeinwis

mikeinwis

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

Hi,
Found this site looking for a fix for this trojan. Not very fluent in all this computer stuff.
It's on my laptop, WinXP, MS security Essentials antivirus software.
Downloaded malwarebytes and several versions of RKill. malwarebytes found a load of infections. Deleted them. Got rid of the fake icon and Essentials came back plus the fake isn't listed in the start/all programs anymore.
HOWEVER, Internet Antivirus 2011 still shows up in "start" popup, under "Winuser".

Still will not connect to net--"page can't be found"

RKill did NOT show any stop actions. Only took a few seconds. Tried several different versions of RKill
I downloaded the malwarebytes and RKill on the desktop to a jump drive to get it on the laptop. Wondering if it didn't work properly due to my lack of knowledge.

So how do I get it to go away completely??

Hoping for a someone to work a miracle, please.
Thankyou
Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users