Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spy Sheriff

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 animalangel1

animalangel1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:23 PM

Hi, I am new here too and our problems ALSO started with Spy Sheriff. Even THEY were unable to help us delete the problems we got when my husband downloaded their program and they have since refunded our money BUT we still have a "Trojan" in our system that I delete from one place and it goes to another.

We are using Windows ME, we are using Firefox as our browser and our firewall is "E-Trust EZ Firewall version 5.1.039.004." We also use "eTrust Pest Patrol" and that scan can't get rid of our "Trojan" either.

I have attempted to download the "C:\Autoruns" as per the instructions I found on this website and it says it's downloaded but I cannot "open" it. It gives me the option to open it to a file of my choice. I tried Firefox but it just downloads another one and the pattern repeats. I have to keep deleting the "copies" of the program. Anyway, I cannot open it.

I have attempted to download Ad-Aware SE as per the instructions on this website and it said it was downloaded but I cannot find it anywhere on my system.

I do not know how to reboot my system in "safe" mode either..... we are NOT computer literate here. (That includes my husband.)

Currently (or last time it popped up) the Trojan thing is: Trojan.delf.ef whatever that means. I can't find it.

It does not seem to be causing any "visible" problems at this time, but it really is annoying to have on here as we had just paid a guy to dump all the contents of our computer a few weeks ago and cannot afford to do it again. My husband downloaded the Spy Sheriff Program after we spent that money thinking it was a good thing to have and now we know it's not.

I will help anyone I can with any information you need to the best of my ability to help me clean this thing up.

Thank you.
Michelle

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users