Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 performance help o:

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 _BleepBleepBleeper_

_BleepBleepBleeper_

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:58 AM

How could I speed up my computer without spending money. It seems like it gets stuck doing a process or something. Because sometimes it'll randomly just slow down a ton. Like this morning it took 15 mins for clt+alt+dlt to work. The only thing i had running was msn and a game. I barely have any programs on my computer. I have downloaded alot of stuff and uninstalled later on and such. But I've had this laptop for like 2 years. Is there like anyway to get it back to optimal performance. Besides defragment? If so can you all list as many as possible please. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:50 PM

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

You can use Process Explorer to see exactly what is running.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 _BleepBleepBleeper_

_BleepBleepBleeper_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/keBJfpTCMR01z4TUlvlJK5R

#4 _BleepBleepBleeper_

_BleepBleepBleeper_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

my computer also shuts down after 15 mins or less in safe mode but doesnt in normal mode

#5 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

You are running hot on the CPU at 67c.
If it was my computer I would check to make sure all fans run running properly and give the inside of your computer a good cleaning.
I would also run ATF Cleaner and Ccleaner to remove a lot of junk. (( Do not use the registry part of Ccleaner))

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:20 PM

It does sound like you have a heat issue. If you find an accumulation of dust inside the case purchase some canned air and blow it out. Pay particular attention to the heat sink and fan assembly on the CPU and the intake vent/s.

You have mismatched RAM modules, this will keep it from running in dual channel which helps reduce the bottleneck between the CPU and the RAM.

When was the last time that you defragged the hdd and disk cleanup?

You would benefit from deleting your temp. files, I've included instructions below.

Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link
  • Save any unsaved work. (TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!)
  • Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. (If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose "Run As Administrator".)
  • Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.

When was the last time that you scanned for viruses or malware?

If you defrag the hdd and use the disk clean up you won't gain that much by using ccleaner.

Edit: Is this a custom build? If it is you may need to reapply the thermal compound between the CPU and the heat sink.

Edited by dc3, 11 December 2010 - 12:22 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 _BleepBleepBleeper_

_BleepBleepBleeper_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:50 PM

so i have to take it apart and clean it out. I'm not some pc person lol is there anyway i could possibly destroy my computer by doing that? I mean the fans probably do have alot of dust on them considering i have never took my computer apart and cleaned the fans. I don't even know how to take my laptop apart. I have deleted my temp files, defragged and scanned my comp for viruses and spyware and such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users