Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirecting Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 densagara

densagara

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:03 AM

I am yet another of the many victims of this problem. I'm not entirely sure when it started but it was around november. It started when a strange alert box appeared on my computer saying something like it found a virus. The anti-virus wasn't able to clean it though so I chose to delete it. Then a few hours later this window suddenly kept appearing on my screen and keeping me from doing anything on my computer. It kept saying something about needing to restore backup and had a button that said something like 'restore backup' (I can't remember the details that much anymore). Another strange thing that happened was, while I was repeatedly restarting computer to see if that would fix it, when the computer is turned on it opens up this window saying something about me downloading an FLV software or something like that. That one happened only several times when I restarted, but the window with the 'restore backup' message always happened whenever I restarted the computer.

I did a system restore and that seemed to fix it. Though after doing system restore, a few days later the google redirecting began. Last week I tried to uninstall firefox then install it again and that seemed to work until it started redirecting me again. Then again I wasn't using google search as much within that span of a week compared to the previous weeks. Although my problem is on using google search, I don't use yahoo search so I'm not sure if it affects that as well. But it has happened in both Firefox and IE.

I should also point out, on an seemingly entirely different matter, that I noticed my laptop sending emails to other people. I only noticed it now because yahoo sent a 'message failed to send' email back so I'm not sure how long this has been going on. It happened several months ago but I thought I solved it by changing my email password.

Can someone please help me remove this problem and tell me how to prevent it from happening again? I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by densagara, 10 December 2010 - 03:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users