Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Community Page

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:54 AM

Hey guys and gals I haven't posted on this site in forever.

So anyways I have a client of mine who would like me to add to their website. They are a baseball league website that would like me to create individual team pages where each team has information pertaining to that team (i.e. schedules, roster, etc). Does anyone know a site that has this or any program and/or coding of a similar system that can get me started in the right direction.

I know I could also use a message board but I am trying to use a "in-house" page.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:19 AM

I don't understand. Why do you need a 'system'? Is there some reason a simple web page for each team will not work?

Edited by groovicus, 10 December 2010 - 09:19 AM.

#3 frankie12

frankie12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, I know i can just make pages by myself (thats 55 teams) but I have seen team pages before (I can't find them anymore), and I was just wondering if there is any system that handles this that anyone knows and could share.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:00 PM

Any app would require a database and PHP (or ASP) capabilities. Then it would be fairly easy to create a single PHP page as a template, and populate the page based on information from the database. The overhead of learning how to actually use someone else's software would about wash with you doing it on your own, and you would still have to customize whatever templates were provided. Possibly modify the database to hold the information that you want, etc. The one advantage is that they would likely already have a content management system in place so that all you would need to do is fill out some web forms in order to populate a page. With 55 teams, it would still take some time to enter all of the information. Do a search using the following terms, maybe you will find what you want. baseball league web software

Realistically, an experienced programmer could put it together in a weekend easy. An enthusiast could probably do it in a week or two. Someone that knows absolutely nothing about PHP and MySQL could find enough examples online to do it in a month. It might not be pretty or comply to programming standards, but as long as it serves your need, who cares?

EDIT: I wanted to mention that if you know an experienced programmer, they would probably do the majority of the work for a case of good beer, or a really good bottle of wine.

Edited by groovicus, 10 December 2010 - 04:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users