Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I convert a PDF file to Word document

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 smilezrcool

smilezrcool

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:11 AM

I downloaded a scholarship application with Adobe. I does not allow me to fill in any of the required information. I would like to convert this PDF document to a Microsoft Word document so I can complete the application. I tried copy and paste but I must not be doing it correctly. I was unable or maybe I am doing it incorrectly. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 max7bg

max7bg

• Banned
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:48 AM

Hi,

Try this

or

this

Enjoy,

Max

#3 md2lgyk

md2lgyk

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:07 AM

You can also do an online conversion at www.fileminx.com

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

If an organisation provides a PDF that cannot be filled in electronically, IMO that probably indicates they wish application forms to be printed out, filled in by hand and posted. Some places still like to see actual human handwriting...
Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 Croline

Croline

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:32 AM

I think you need Advanced PDF Converter as it is very good at preserving the formatting, with text content, page layouts, images,and text hyperlinks preserved.It also allow us to convert a lot files at the same time. I am now using it.

#6 Sony jose

Sony jose

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:36 AM

If u can down load that file thn u can convert that PDF to doc file and edit..

search in google there are s/w for convertion, either through offline or online..

Cheerrzzzz

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:06 PM

I use PDF X-Change Viewer as my PDF viewer. It allows you to place text boxes anywhere of a PDF. I use it often to fill out forms that don't have their own input areas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users