Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connect Wireless G to N Router...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 komputerfreek

komputerfreek

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:14 PM

So here is my dilemma.

I currently have a wireless N router (WRT300N) running a build of DDWRT.

I have the following devices constantly connected to the N router (operating at a mixed speed), HP Desktop, 2 Asus Laptops, 2 iPod Touches (3rd Gen), 2 Phones (Droid Inc, Droid 2), Custom Rig (Wireless N), Xbox 360 Slim (N/G).

Since it is mixed, I am not getting the benefit of my N adapters or Range.

What I am looking to do is purchase an new N router, connect it to my modem and then connect the G router to the N.

Would I get a benefit from this if I do it?

Also, what steps would I have to take other than making sure they are on different channels and frequencies and getting everything setup to play nice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:04 AM

Your best option would be to have them all connected the same as eachother to the router. Have them all as G or N.

Regards,

Craig.
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users