Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is next in music players?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:49 PM

When I was young I bought 45's and everyone moved to LP's. I bought LP's everyone moved to 8 track. I bought 8 track everyone moved to cassettes. Get the picture? :thumbsup: Now I just bought a CD player. Of course everyone is moving to mp3. Any idea what is coming on the horizon next? If I go to MP3 everyone will move to Ipod or memory stick players or something. What? I would really like to get in step instead of following along one step behind.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:08 PM

:flowers: @ Bluie. Who knows what they'll come up with next. Could be memory stick thingies or implants in our brains. I wonder what it'd be like to have music in our heads all the time. LOL!! I've got music in my head almost all the time anyway. Find a good neurosurgeon and you'll be ahead of everybody :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:23 PM

When I was young I bought 45's and everyone moved to LP's. I bought LP's everyone moved to 8 track. I bought 8 track everyone moved to cassettes.

Lordie, Bluie, you sound just like me. Only I wasn't behind on 8 tracks. And really moved from 8 track to LP's, then recording the LP's on cassette to keep the records pristine (I wish). But I'm in the same boat as far as being way late with CD's.

You know audiophiles say that vinyl has a better sound and I tend to agree. And there's a school of thougt that the old "vintage" audio equipment is better in some ways too. Most of the old stuff can be fixed, whereas the new stuff is just replaced. And, for listening to music only, I'll take stereo over Audio/Video SurroundSound and what all any ol day. :thumbsup:

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#4 Bluie

Bluie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 19 May 2004 - 12:21 PM

Pandy you can have your cell phone or receiver implanted in a tooth now! That puts the tunes in your head, apparently by bone conduction. But that is only the reciever not the storage and replay capabilities. Yet.

But what is the current trend. If I go out and buy a mp3 player for sure something else will suplant it. Don't think it will be Ipods but I have guessed wrong before.

Papakid my ear is not that good. But a friend told me it was a lot of trouble to clean up the pops and crackles from my old LPs. Well I would not recognize them with out their old scratches and jumps.

#5 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 19 May 2004 - 12:46 PM

:thumbsup: Bluie, I'm not sure of the current trend now. I guess it would be mp3. I've never listened to an mp3 player. I have no idea what quality of sound they have. Nowadays, I listen from my computer or my boom box. I just googled iPod and now I want one. :flowers: I didn't know what iPod was. O well, such is life Bluie. Seems the trend now is ipod. The ones I saw had 4GB storage, but expensive. :trumpet: I'd go with an mp3 for now, if I was going to buy something to listen to music on.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#6 kylander

kylander

• Banned
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 29 May 2004 - 04:53 PM

lol, hey guys, if you want to be ahead of the game, go on ebay. you can find the lastest stuff for often half price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users