Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

On Internet But Can't Log In/on To Anything

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 missbitti

missbitti

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:29 AM

cleaned it, scanned it, swept it, refreshed, rebooted, restored, lowered security,talked to (cable) internet provider,troubleshooted galore, googled error 80048820 (thats what was coming up when log in was first not allowed),tried to contact techical support (but of course couldn't log in to them,)etc., etc. Last time I
remember logging in was to my bank on Nov 23/05 (was also the first time I ever internet banked),maybe I forgot to log out before I exited???Maybe one of the kids on msn?? Maybe a message was opened??Maybe just p*-c of x#^x!! Machine 6 mos. old. HP Pavillion Home PC. Was working fine. Got cable high speed internet 6 weeks ago (27 oct). They (phone co.) just disconnected the phone internet 2 weeks ago. Even had fast service but can see its slowing down in this last week.Nothing detected on any scans though. Used McAfee, Microsoft antispyware, Norton,.
Sites let me open them, search, read, play, etc., but when I need to log in anywhere it shows The page cannot be displayed" Back says expired, refresh, then resubmit info, etc., etc., grrr. ie Hotmail opens,sign in "page" message, UCFV, search, read, browse, etc, but log in for my mail or info or something and I get the"PAGE". Bank opens, lets me read, search, whatever, but when I try to login to do my stuff...THE PAGE is there!...Any body know which button I should push NeXt:crazy: Here's hoping I'll even be allowed to send this...I'm gathering because I just signed up that that is why i am LOGGED IN!!! OH, And I hope this is the right forum. I don't see a lot of people milling around it waiting for my (DESPERATE)cry for help. lol
Would more scans, doctors or anti spywares help? If anyone can be of any help..Thanks! Judi

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:24 PM

In your Internet Explorer go to Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>Sites and make sure the sites you are trying to access are not blocked. If so you need to set the access to "Allow".

Edited by acklan, 03 December 2005 - 01:25 PM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users