Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with three viruses (AVG)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mewrae1

mewrae1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:02 PM

Hi. Two days ago I was roaming around on the internet. I clicked on a link from a trusted website (Perezhilton.com :P) and was hit with a virus. A pop up appeared asking me to buy their antivirus software. I exited out, assuming it was a virus. I still got the virus and when attempting to get online to Google it, I couldn't get online (the page said something about using a proxy connection). I looked in the running programs and ended two that I have never seen before. The internet then worked. I did a system restore just in case, but ever since then I get random pop ups from AVG (my current antivirus software) stating that they found a virus and prompting me to move it to the vault. As of now, I have three in the vault:

- Trojan Horse PSW.Ldpinch.ADZC
- Trojan Horse Generic20.AHNY
- Trojan Horse Generic20.AHNR

I ran Spybot and it only found one item (Right Media) and I fixed that. Running AVG comes up clean.

Any help on removing these viruses would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,942 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:16 PM

Did your anti-virus/anti-spyware scanner provide a specific file(s) name associated with the malware threat(s) detection and if so, where is it located (full file path) at on your system?

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (v1.50) and follow these instructions for doing a Quick Scan in normal mode.

Malwarebytes' may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • After completing the scan, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab .
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
  • Exit Malwarebytes' when done.
Note: If Malwarebytes' encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes' from removing all the malware.

-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, please refer to the suggestions provided in For those having trouble running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as you may need to rename it or use RKill by Grinler.

Please download SUPERAntiSpyware Free and follow these instructions for performing a scan.

• Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • Be sure to update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates".
    If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
  • Click Close to exit the program.
  • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
-- Some types of malware will disable security tools. If SUPERAntiSpyware will not install, please refer to these instructions for using the SUPERAntiSpyware Installer. If SUPERAntiSpyware is already installed but will not run, then follow the instructions for using RUNSAS.EXE to launch the program.

-- Alternatively, you can try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner or performing the SUPERAntiSpyware Online Safe Scan (both listed under Popular Links) instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users