Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Attack from Svchost.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kslab

kslab

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:31 PM

Have had a problem I've been trying to fix for 6 days. I've used a lot of anti-spyware/malware/virus programs. Right now, I have Norton active on the computer. It keeps giving me messages about High CPU usage from SVCHOST.exe (100% of at least one CPU), Network traffic from 86b6b96b.com from Windows\System32\SVCHOST.exe, Ikaturl11.com from the same source, and Svchost.exe Application Error message "The Instruction at "0x7dcef28a" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read". I am using Windows Xp Professional. SP2. I tried to use windows update, both direct and from windows security center. The computer wont let me. I've used several programs to remove viruses, and they usually remove 2-3, just not this svchost virus. Google searched, Windows Help Desk etc. I can give a list of programs I've used against this problem. Help?

Edited by hamluis, 09 December 2010 - 04:49 PM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joker4096

Joker4096

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

I am also experiencing such symptoms on 2 of my computers. I also need a way to fix this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users