Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio ads w/no popup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rob2putt

rob2putt

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:49 PM

My wife's laptop recently got a virus that involved HDD Plus and audio ads that include Nebraska Furniture Mart and USAA. I was able to get rid of the HDD plus with malwarebytes I believe, but the audio ads keep coming at random times. I can't figure out where they come from. Any help will be appreciated.

UPDATE: HDD Plus is back. Running malwarebytes again.

Edited by rob2putt, 09 December 2010 - 01:51 PM.
Moved from Windows 7 to Am I Infected forum ~ Elise

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thejam

thejam

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:16 PM

Hi, I'm the son of the person who posted this.

We ran RKill and it apparently stopped everything. After running malwarebytes, it appeared to clean everything off the machine. Shortly after that, the audio ads started again, following with the HDD+ pop ups. I'm out of town, trying to help remotely so I can't really see what's going on other than what my dad has reported to me.

Please go easy on him and help him/us out.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users