Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to remove Generic Host Services Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LB55

LB55

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:40 AM

Hey Everyone..

Just when I think I got it, back it comes. I followed some of the suggestions here, but it keeps coming back.

Would anyone know if there is a Tool out there for this problem? I have used the Worm Tool and closed Ports 135 and 455, rebooted, and checked them again. They are indeed closed. But after the User opens Act!, then Sage Peachtree Accounting, then Foxfire, when he tries to Search, The Generic Host Services Error comes up. You close the Browser and return to Peachtree, it starts an Error steam on the Network Connection first, then any EXE's, then Crashes the Program.

XP Pro SP3
Intel Celeron 2.4/256/533
2GB Ram

Any help woul;d be greatly appreciated.

LB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:55 AM

Please post the error.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 LB55

LB55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:29 AM

Thankx, DC

I'm backing up all hid Data Files to move to a new PC. I'll send it when this is done.

Thankx,

LB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users