Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Owa And Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stoobee

Stoobee

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:59 PM

Hi.

I have Outlook 2003 and I use Outlook Exchange (owa.ocps.net) at work. I can get OWA at home simply by going to the site I just listed and putting in my user name and password. Of course my User Name and Password for Outlook 2003 is different than the one I use for OWA.

This is the strangest thing I think I've seen since I have used computers: If I go to OWA and choose Contacts, and then double click a name, it should bring up the email address for that person and any other pertinent information I listed; instead however, any contact I double click in OWA brings up only my email address and also the information listed in Outlook 2003 with my own personal information. I did a repair on Outlook 2003 on the computer in question, but it still brings up my own information when I double-click any Contact in OWA. I have two other computers which I can duplicate this whole process, but I get the correct information. This tells me it is not OWA, but something configured in Outlook 2003 or possibly other internal system problems with this computer, but I don't know what it could be.

I am networked as a Workgroup with three PCs, all using WIN2000 Pro sp4, and IE 6.0 sp1

Thanks. :thumbsup:
Stoobee
We do whatever it takes to be exactly like we are.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stoobee

Stoobee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 04 December 2005 - 04:53 PM

I found the answer to my own question. It is not enough to simply Repair Office 2003 in the Help Menu; Outlook must be completely uninstalled and then reinstalled. Nice thing about this is that no information was lost, even after uninstalling the application. OWA Contacts no longer had a problem inputting the wrong Data because of Outlook Contacts. Thought I'd pass this along for any remote chance that others might be having a similar problem.

Edited by Stoobee, 04 December 2005 - 04:55 PM.

Stoobee
We do whatever it takes to be exactly like we are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users