Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

b7 error and can't run CD to reformat hard drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 daft

daft

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:33 PM

Okay, my computer is a Sony vaio VGN-FJ270 I was running windows XP and got a virus, took it into a shop and they said all my hardware was OK but it was going to be over a hundred bucks to fix. I don't have the XP cd anymore so I bought the Windows 2010 OS cd from school. I can not get the CD to boot as it should. with CD in tray, viao pops up then a message saying windows did not load properly. if I try loading in safe mode or safe mode with networking I get a blue screen and a 7b error. I hit F2 and moved the optical drive first and the hard drive last in the boot order. Not sure what to do, I don't care if I lose all info currently on hard drive I just want a working computer which I can then install my new windows cd on.
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:40 PM

You may need to use the HD manufacturers formatting program, their program will write 0's to the drive completely cleaning it. You should be able to find out who's drive is in the machine by going to the Sony site. Many times a drive will have remnants of the bug or your old OS, I have seen the existing OS stop the load of and older version OS in fact it is quite common.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 daft

daft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:11 PM

ha, my first problem could be that there is no windows 2010. The lady at the bookstore sold me windows 2010 office instead of windows 2007 32 like I asked! Glad I chose the name I did!! I will buy the proper cd and try again.

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

ha, my first problem could be that there is no windows 2010. The lady at the bookstore sold me windows 2010 office instead of windows 2007 32 like I asked! Glad I chose the name I did!! I will buy the proper cd and try again.

What you need to ask for\purchase is Windows 7. Not 2007.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users