Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dad's Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5983 dead

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JustAnotherWittyName

JustAnotherWittyName

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:18 PM

Back again to the wonderful community that is Bleeping Computer. (If you remember my latest visit here regarding my desktop, don't worry. The hardrive was fried and I replaced it and it has been working for about 3 weeks now without a single problem.) Today my dad booted up his Toshiba Satellite laptop. All was good until it suddenly went black. He put it into hard shutdown and plugged the charger into it. He tried booting it up again. Nothing happened. I was called over and he told me his problem. Same as before, no boot. Tried another socket. Still no boot.

Three lights at the bottom turned orange, with three of them dimmed. The battery light was the only solid light. The power and the cylinder symbol (not sure what that means) were dimmed. The OS is Windows 7 Home Premiuim, 32-bit. That laptop is over a year old with no battery changes, so my theory is the battery needs changing. Of course, I have no real experience in this, so I wanted the opinion of the people here.

EDIT: Before this is given as a possiblity, it won't be previous damage. The only damage was a broken power jack (fixed) and some places where the shell popped out after a drop. The shell damage was in the first week of November and the power jack in January.

Edited by hamluis, 08 December 2010 - 06:25 PM.
Moved from Vista to Internal Hardware ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users