Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Choosing between two laptops

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xantalen

Xantalen

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

Alright, so I'm trying to choose between two Asus models. The first one being the N61JQ-XV1, and the second is the N73JQ-XVI. As far as I know, the biggest difference between the two is the video card. The N61 has a Radeon HD 5730, and the N73 has a GeForce 425M. Gaming performance is definitely important to me, so I'm trying to see which of the two will be better for it and by how much.

N61:

http://www.amazon.com/N61JQ-XV1-16-Inch-Versatile-Entertainment-Laptop/dp/B0041RRVOG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1291841647&sr=1-1

N73:

http://www.amazon.com/N73JQ-XV1-17-3-Inch-Versatile-Entertainment-Laptop/dp/tech-data/B0046HAP76/ref=de_a_smtd

It has to be purchased through Amazon as I will be using a Store Card. If there's any better gaming laptops out there for that price, let me know.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wooshie

Wooshie

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:14 PM

I have the N61 and have played a few games casually (most recently ME2) and it handeled it well.

#3 LT Dan

LT Dan

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:18 PM

i'd hang my hat on the n73, either one though is really sweet, beefy systems, either one you snag, this is just me, i'd strip them down tweak the OS, unload the stuff you don't need or want, stream line the thing hit blackviper site for services config go with eset and get an external drive to back everything up to, if ya need any help gimme hollar, happy new year, all laptops come loaded with software that tends to hog the cpu, always remember, if its running and not needed to keep things stable or secure and you didn't use it within a week, ya don't need it, that's extreme, i'm from a DAW background, keep the system defragged, use mozilla, i uninstall over half the stuff that comes on laptops cos' it extends the life and BATTERY, if it's not needed don't have it running, lt dan
Elvis has left the buidling...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users