Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suspicious Processes Running - Unknown Malware Type

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#16 arkagnl7

arkagnl7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:09 AM

etavares,

Here is the Speccy link: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/RMW7vw0kCRX4uua4i2ok5to

I also ran the Soluto and says it took 5:39 for bootup. I removed 5 apps from startup, but only saved 9 seconds. The System app is the longest to boot taking 96 seconds. Internet explore still takes a long time too boot up after the system bootup is complete. IE also took about 5 minutes. Maybe not that long, but definitely 3+ minutes. I'll time it next time I restart. Also, every time I bootup, a Roxio error is displayed. I'll attach a print screen of it the next time I post. I don't know if its a big problem, but better to ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:39 PM

Do other applications take a while to start after bootup? That can be fairly common. My work computer takes 20 minutes from cold start to Outlook open. It's 4 years old and has lots of things running in the background.

If you post the Roxio error we can work on that...it might help if it's waiting for a response that isn't coming before it spits out the error.

In regards to your earlier question:

Your computer has a 1.46GHz dual-core processor that is about 2 years old. Not too bad. Not top of the line, but it should be OK for normal stuff. In regards to RAM you have 1GB of DDR2 RAM running at 266Mhz. You could max it out for about $40 at 3-3.5GB of DDR2 RAM running at 400Mhz. That might help, but no guarantees. Cutting the time by 5 minutes is a pretty good start.

If I don't respond within 2 days, please feel free to PM me.
Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#18 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:50 AM

still with me?

Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image

#19 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:08 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users