Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help the less literate?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tgirl1274

tgirl1274

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:27 AM

Hi, I'm Tammy, and I get myself into trouble online and then call upon my more computer literate brother to help me! Hee hee... Seriously, I know that I can type, I am not completely immune to computer lingo, I can search my computer, but then- Something goes wrong on my computer and I freak out. Mainly, my computer is a database of photos, music, and my social link as I'm a stay at home mom. I'm currently waiting on some litigation on my laptop computer as there are issues with this model having a poor motherboard (my brother tried fixing it when I said I couldn't get it working right, wouldn't start up for hours, then told me I was screwed) so I have some underlying issues with my computer, but it does what I need it to do day to day, I just keep it on and plugged in! I am terrible with edits that appear and how to fix things that give me an error code or other lingo I don't understand. Since I use my computer and go online, I am inevitably going to have some problems every now and then! Since I'm the stay at home mom, and the hubby has the smartphone, the laptop is my responsibility, there is no budgeted funds for replacement or maintenance, so I am solely responsible for upkeep. Thus, I am here to hopefully learn, perhaps assist, and ultimately keep my "toy" functioning to the best of its ability?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:18 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users