Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"attention. Your computer has been blocked"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 makum101

makum101

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:09 AM

... "because of violating internet usage rules"

I cant reply to the following thread... http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic365379.html It wont let me. Greyed out button :-(

I have a laptop here that has this same virus and id like to get involved in the discussion.

Once the laptop has booted to the desktop (XP Home edition service pack 2) a big black banner with the statement above appears and asks for $200 to unblock it.

its self defeating as how could anyone (as if anyone would) possibly obtain a code?

Anyway if one of the Mods wants to move this into the above thread and explain why i cant reply in that one Id be grateful

EDIT: In the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum we only allow our trained malware removal experts to reply to the topics. It would get much too confusing trying to deal with multiple people in the same topic. ~BP

Edited by Budapest, 08 December 2010 - 04:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:47 PM

Hello there,
Can you please let me know if you have an XP CD at hand.

At which point exactly does the message come up (before logon, after logon, before desktop comes up, afterwards...).

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:05 AM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

If you are the original topic starter and you need it reopened, please send me a PM.

Everyone else, please start a new topic.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users