Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crashing or something

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kryptonite

Kryptonite

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:32 AM

IE 8.0.6001.18702

Google is my home page. IE opens, Google comes up, then goes away and so does the " File Edit View etc " bar I can't type in the address bar without a redirect wiping out my attempts to pick another page.
This is what's in my address bar:
res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#,res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#,res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#,res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#,res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#google.com,http://www.google.com/

It is so impossible to do anything when this cycle starts that i can't even type in firefox cause it redirects me back to IE.

My bank will only allow me to access their page via IE so either i need to use another computer or uninstall IE and attempt to reinstall it or? Is this a problem that is well known with a fix?

Thanks.

It would be nice if i could contribute something here that would help others but it seems that most bleepers know better than i about most of the problems that occur. However i may have a major fix for a different problem which would not be posted here. First i have to see if the fix i discovered this past week-end lasts before posting it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:47 PM

Have you scanned the PC for viruses?

#3 Kryptonite

Kryptonite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:17 AM

Have you scanned the PC for viruses?

i scan often, run spybot, and lavasoft's adware ( at different times ) and at least once a month run malwarebytes. My Antivirus is Avira Free and i noticed something called "warnings" (2) according to the Avira forum these could be normal but it is not clear to me how to determine the good from the bad "warnings" In any event i am running it now after updating it.

Maybe it's time to get a new computer

Thanks NpaMA for taking the time to reply.

Krypto

#4 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:53 AM

What's listed as the "warnings" ? I'm not a Avira user, but see if you can find out what the 2 warnings are.

Also what operating system are you using?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users