Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MBR and GUID on one hard drive?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ufvj217

ufvj217

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:14 AM

I couldn't find the appropriate section for this, so i put it here. if it needs to be moved, feel free mods :)

anyways, heres what im trying to do. i have a lenovo y550p laptop. single 500gb drive. im trying to quad boot it with XP, win7, mac osx snow leopard, and ubuntu.

I can get windows and ubuntu installed, and use EasyBCD to edit win7's bootloader to show all 3. what i cant do is get mac installed, becuase for windows, the partition table has to be MBR. for mac, is has to be GUID.

i can put the mac disc in, and change it to GUID from there, but it wont let me do just a partition, it has to change the whole drive to GUID, erasing windows and linux. then those wont install becuase its not MBR.

is there any way i can get all 4 of these on the same drive (i know someone's done it, becuase i was looking at this writeup, but it doesnt seem to work for me when i get to the mac install becuase its on MBR) http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Quad_booting#Aquiring_wireless_internet_in_OSx86

no real reason to have this setup, other than i just want to be able to swap between the 4 OS's just for the hell of it.

any help would be appreciated!!!!

Edited by hamluis, 15 December 2010 - 04:36 PM.
Moved from All Other Apps to Mac O/S ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users