Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I am hacked

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 trwxxa

trwxxa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:27 AM

I am new to this site and have been having issues for about one month. Running XPpro.

I have downloaded malewarebytes and gotten rid of some bad stuff. Also, upgraded to Kaspersky, but no viruses found. I can't update to the latest maleware or virus software for either piece of software. Opening and using web pages is difficult at best.

My problem is my download speed on Hughes.net is extremely slow 30-50kps versus the 1000+ that it should be. Was on the phone with hughes.net tech support the other day for nearly two hours and the system is working correctly, just slow. Upload speeds are okay.

Last night I found a subdirectory under the network places 'client network' with a link to Www.mansfieldct.org This is a local government site for Mansfield, CT, but when I go to this site, it changes to a .org site.

The first 'W' is capitalized and the other two are lower case.

I cannot get properties or delete this file.

I also saw briefly two days ago a quick windown popup that stated I had 8 communication ports open. I only have this one computer directly connected to the internet, so I think the site under client network is the bad boy.

I have downloaded Combofix onto a flash drive, from another computer, since I can't do it on my computer, and will run if required.

All my files are backed up.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am at work today, and will get back home this afternoon.

Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users