Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

virus? Win32:Bamital-AO

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RandyPurcell

RandyPurcell

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:40 AM

Am working on my brothers computer. Windows XP Media Center Edition. Avast found this virus "Win32:Bamital-AO" in C:\windows\explorer.exe and in C:\windows\system32\winlogon.exe. These files are in use and Avast can not repair, move, delete or do anything with them. How do I fix it? The desktop shows no shortcuts and no start menu, it only shows the desktop picture. I can get into the windows task manager and was able to find the restore and it worked OK until I rebooted and it all went south again. I am a first time user to any help forum. I could not see where else to look for help or a solution. I am using my own computer to research and get it fixed. We don't have the funds to take it into a shop for repairs. Please help. Thanks, Randy

Edited by RandyPurcell, 09 December 2010 - 12:16 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:06 AM

Your particular malware issue requires the use of tools and procedures beyond what is allowed in this forum.

Please follow the instructions in the
Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

When you have done that, post your log in the "Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum", NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team experts.

Please let us know, here, if you have been able to successfully start your new topic.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#3 Judicandus

Judicandus

Bleepin' Pasta

• Malware Response Team
  • 730 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:24 AM

(posted in the wrong place. please delete this)

Edited by Judicandus, 15 December 2010 - 08:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users