Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TrojanClicker:Win32/Yabector.A virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jamieleesummers

jamieleesummers

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:26 AM

This is my first time asking for help in this forum so I apologize if I'm not doing it right. I own a HP mini Model# 1035NR s/n: CNU9023M71 p/n: FT313UA#ABA I USE WINDOWS XP HOME, and I found out I had this infection after running the Windows Live OneCare Scan through Microsoft. I know there's supposed to be some sort of security when you have virus protection but I am using Nortons 360 and I can honestly say I don't feel secure at all!!! Thus far I haven't found any antivirus software that seems to give me any sense of security. I found out I was infected by using a "free scan" instead of the costly one I'm paying for!!! Further more, I am constantly getting rid of spyware and malware that I'm infected with by using free scans and free software!!! Whats up with that??? I'd love to just once be able to have an issue that I could contact the company I'm paying, and say I have this infection and they actually help me get rid of it without telling me that they'll only help if I pay an additional $100.00 (To start with) for tech support. Is there any help for me out there???

Edited by hamluis, 08 December 2010 - 08:53 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:23 AM

I'd love to just once be able to have an issue that I could contact the company I'm paying, and say I have this infection and they actually help me get rid of it without telling me that they'll only help if I pay an additional $100.00 (To start with) for tech support. Is there any help for me out there???

Hi -
This is one forum where you will not be asked to pay at all for repairs (just be patient at times) -
I have found Microsoft Security Essentials to be a good free A/virus for my XP and it has caught items that others miss -
As with all programs you must be sure to keep it updated -
Please repost this item under Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs , read the introduction and follow the instructions there -

Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 08 December 2010 - 06:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users