Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suposedly clean but misbehaving internet browsers (IE8 and Firefox 3.6)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kuuper

Kuuper

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:17 PM

PC is Win 7 home premium 64

About a week and a half ago I hade a fake antivirus start to install itself. I saw the install start and yanked the ethernet cord and ran my antivirus etc. I used another computer to download a fresh copy of Malwarebytes and ran it. It found 2 files my main scanner had not. I reconnected to the network and ran spybod S&D and Superantimalware and then Microsoft security essnetials. All show clean but now my IE and Firefox misbehave and ocasionally seem to redirect me to other sites. It is less so with IE 8-64.

Today my wife got frustrated enough that I ran Hijackthis so I can ask for help... Help.

Log attached and Thanks.

K

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Judicandus

Judicandus

Bleepin' Pasta

• Malware Response Team
  • 730 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:32 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

I'm judicandus and I'll be helping you out.

Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.

Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.

Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting.

Please post a DDS log and Gmer log. For instructions please read this post:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

Lets also check for TDSS:
  • Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
  • Extract its contents to your desktop and make sure TDSSKiller.exe (the contents of the zipped file) is on the Desktop itself, not within a folder on the desktop.
  • Go to Start > Run (Or you can hold down your Windows key and press R) and copy and paste the following into the text field. (make sure you include the quote marks) Then press OK.

"%userprofile%\Desktop\TDSSKiller.exe" -l C:\TDSSKiller.txt -v

• If it says "Hidden service detected" DO NOT type anything in. Just press Enter on your keyboard to not do anything to the file.
  • When it is done, a log file should be created on your C: drive called "TDSSKiller.txt" please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

#3 Judicandus

Judicandus

Bleepin' Pasta

• Malware Response Team
  • 730 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:35 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users